This programme is aimed at those who are new to the offshore
renewable energy industry or need to expand their overall knowledge
and understanding across all of the areas. It will be particularly
useful to those who employed in the offshore industry in a
non-engineering role but need to have an understanding of the
relevant terms and technologies (for example, those employed in
functions such as Finance, Marketing, HR, Procurement, Business
Development, Commercial ).
It will also provide a very positive grounding for those who may
have engineering experience and responsibilities but are new to the
offshore industry, including graduates.
The programme is predominately presentation. However it will be
highly visual with video, diagrams and anecdotes. Delivery style
will be light and avoid getting bogged down in technical
Delegates will leave the course with copies of all the slides.
They will have the opportunity to take whatever notes are required
during the course.
- The history of offshore wind and its development starting from
the onshore side;
- Green targets in the UK and how they impact the development of
- The Government stance towards renewable energy; the low carbon
agenda and the impact on the industry in the UK;
- Renewable obligations and how they are used within the
- The Crown Estate and the role it plays;
- Rounds 1, 2 and 3 and lessons learnt and how these have been
carried forward into future developments;
- Relevant representative bodies and their roles within the
- The consenting process and the requirements for information
- The role of subsea survey througout wind farm development;
- The key components of a wind farm including the turbine, cables
and all other plant;
- Installation techniques and processes including the use of
ROVs, ploughs, trenchers, cutters, barges etc;
- Cable protection installation and connection;
- Grid connections and the rold of the OFTOs;
- Operations and maintenance and the challenges faced for the
- Wave and tidal and current developments.
This training will be delivered over one day.